Job Title: IT Business Analyst, Finance and Accounting
Position Location: Regional – Asia Pacific
Business Unit: Global IT
Reports To: Director IT, Asia Pacific
Location : Singapore
The IT Business Analyst, Finance & Accounting is responsible for gathering and guiding the enterprise's business requirements focusing on finance and accounting functions. The IT Business Analyst will be working with business stakeholders to make IT recommendations on Finance and Accounting initiatives. The IT Business Analyst will develop It stategic roadmaps for Finance and Accounting, while focusing on alignment of requirements on a regional and gloabl level. The IT Business Analyst, Finance and Accounting will provide project management oversight and subject matter expertise for design, implementation, support, and maintenance related initiatives. The IT Business Analyst Finance and Accounting will use their comprehensive knowledge of business processes to prioritize initiatives that drive business value.
* Drive the IT business requirement analysis by working with key business stakeholders in the following areas:
- Product Costing
* Coordinate and facilities business stakeholder engagement and user acceptance testing for Finance and Accounting.
* Be involved early in enterprise projects to facilitate the requirements definition into the system design.
* Leverage current IT application portfolio whenever possible to meet business requirements.
* Service as functional point of contact for business reporting needs.
* Serve as a subject matter expert on CofEs in areas outside of Finance and Accounting.
* Proactively evaluate opportunities to streamline and optimize existing business processes.
* Offers Consultation to business stakeholders bringing new ideas and best practices in an effort to help the company become more effective with IT Systems.
* Develop cost benefit analysis for IT Application related to initiatives.
* Deliver high quality specifications for technology enabled solutions
Relationships and People:
* Work closely with business stakeholders to define initiatives and agree on priorities.
* Communicate frequently with business stakeholders and through center of excellence to ensure change management is addressed for all IT initiatives.
* Work closely with enterprise architects to confirm alighnment on business system solutions.
* Work with other team members regionally and globally when defining business requirements from end users.
* Lead a global business application center of excellence aligning and leveraging requirements across regions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
* Strong understanding of IT best practices (SDLC) with a minimum of 5 years delivering business applications solutions.
* Strong functional understanding of SAP Finance and Accounting.
* Knowledge of front and end data warehouse reporting capabilities within sales and marketing functional area - SAP BI, Tableau
* 5+ years of experience with project implementation methodology having lead functional areas for large projects.
* Business process optimization project experience through SAP implementations.
* 5+ years of business process optimization project experience.
* Functional business experience in accounting or finance.
* 5+ years of business process experience or implementation experience with package solution such as SAP.
* Direct organizational change management experience or through complex implementation projects.
* Strong end to end business process knowledge.
* Strong understanding of SAP master and trasactional data and reporting interdependencies.
* Undergraduate degree in business or information technology or another related discipline.
* CPA certification desired.
* Project management certification desired.
* Lean Six Sigma and Continuous improvement experience and certifications.
Desired Behavior, Personal Attributes, (Success Drivers and Competencies):
* Ability to clearly communicate recommendations and findings to the business in writing and verbally at all levels of the organization.
* The ability to work with detailed data sets with associated rules while maintaining high accuracy.
* Ability to work within a team and lead matrixed teams regionally and globally.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent presentation skills, capable of effectively presenting ideas/solutions to all levels in the organization.
* Highly organized, capable of effecitvely managing competing priorities, and delivering on business results.