Job Title: Manager, Talent, Learning & Organization Development, Asia Pacific
Position Location: Asia Pacific HQ, Singapore
Business Unit: Asia Pacific, Human Resources
The Manager, Talent, Learning and Organization Development will be responsible for the development of, and lead the execution of the talent management and learning strategy for the Asia Pacific business including implementing corporate aligned strategies that drive employee development, talent management and organizational growth. He/She will lead the organization development effort leveraging the annual and quarterly People and Capability process. He/She will establish talent sourcing strategies, learning curriculum and content development for the elearning platform and any actions contributing to the acquisition and development of our talented staff.
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources – Asia Pacific
Key Deliverables Critical Deliverables
- Lead critical hiring in APAC and Singapore office. Ensure the hiring of talents throughout the region by monitoring hiring practices, establishing key sourcing partnering and being involved in key staffing.
- Co-Lead the annual People and Capability Process with the local HR Directors by identifying key organization and individual actions to conduct at the local level or regional level.
- Regularly monitor talent pipelines, support the development of key talent and foster accountability for development and succession planning with employees, managers and key leaders. Ensure the execution of plans to develop and retain high potential talent.
- Manage in-house designed High Potential Program for APAC
- Lead the development of an Asia Pacific training agenda to support the delivery of business growth. Develop and implement effective training programs in support of company objectives.
- Work with business and HR leaders to conduct SWP and Organizational reviews and ensure smooth implementation with effective change management and communication.
- Manage employee recognition programs including the annual CEO and Regional Award process for the Asia Pacific business.
- Design and propose the key regional talent management strategies and implement with support from stakeholders and Country HR Leaders.
- Lead the regional implementation of Ingredion talent management philosophy, governance, and guidelines
- Identify and utilize technology and best in class development and delivery solutions to provide online and classroom based learning solutions across the region. Lead elearning platform and content design development.
- Identify and understand evolving skills requirements. Plan and lead effort to develop and implement functional/technical competency framework for key functions.
- Lead the regional implementation of the Ingredion employee satisfaction survey process. Ensure effective communication, analysis and the development of actions to improve employee engagement across the organization.
- Participate actively in the Go-To-Market Leadership Council to support business leaders to upskill the sales key imperatives of their teams
- Drive the continued implementation of the HR talent process including:
o work with HR business partners to ensure individual development plans are meaningful and realistic
o identify skill gaps and other talent management trends
o analyze and compile summary reports for Asia Pacific region
o develop training aids and programs to address deficiencies/gaps
o serve as the liaison with corporate team to implement continuous improvement to system/process
- Partner with Business Leaders to assess developmental needs associated with our succession planning and talent review processes; provide counsel on the best developmental opportunities aligned with these initiatives to develop the talent needed for the future.
- Manage and develop HR talent team member for strong HR service delivery
- Participate actively in the Global Talent Network, Global Learning Network and participate/lead global training initiatives as required.
- Co-lead weekly regional HR meetings to drive the HR Strategic agenda and monitor Talent & Org tasks
• Bachelors Degree in a business or HR discipline; those with a MBA will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Talent Management/OD role or HR Generalist who has led substantial talent management projects in a multi-cultural organization.
- Proven ability to influence, persuade and collaborate across all organizational levels and functions. Strong presentation, communication and coaching skills.
- Successful experience in partnering the business in developing organization and leaders to achieve an identified business goal.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically.
- Experience with design and delivery of training programs to develop leadership at all levels of the organization including internal programs and working with and managing external providers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement/Lean Six Sigma projects a plus.
- A thorough understanding of the different cultures, sensitivities, common practices and other effective tactics on a regional perspective.
- International experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English language; proficiency in Chinese or Korean/Japanese language a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%, on average.
Desired behavior, personal attributes, Competencies):
- Create Talent Culture – Take quick action to develop, give feedback, and address performance issues to employees and seeks new experiences to broaden own skill set and learn from those with different perspectives.
- Build Strong Teams – Take full accountability for building a strong, diverse, networked, high performance team. Readily help colleagues by sharing knowledge and expertise, offering advice and guidance.
- Drive for personal and organizational results - Understand the impact of issues and solutions to others. Demonstrate teamwork to meet goals. Work proactively to continually improve and assume personal responsibility for mistakes. Strong business acumen with an understanding of how to develop HR solutions to support business execution.
- Being partner of choice: Allocate the right level of resources or services for the customer, while coaching the team. Anticipate customer needs and create new solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Create value in new ways: Encourage bold, diverse thinking to identify new approaches and learn from the experience. Persist to improve processes, even if initial attempts do not succeed.