Job Title: Business Development Manager – Personal and Home Care APAC
Position Location: Singapore
Business Unit: Industrial
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for providing regional leadership for the Personal and Home Care innovation platform. He/she will drive our Go-to-Market (GTM) initiatives and will be responsible for developing maximum sales, volume, and margins at existing and prospective accounts so that regional and global objectives of the Personal and Home Care plan are met.
Reports To: Director, Industrial Solutions APAC
• Drive sales development for our Personal and Home Care products in Asia-Pacific, leading cross functional teams to execute against business plans.
• Work closely with the current customer-facing organization, develop short to long term projects and participate in key customer engagements.
• Develop strategic account plants to create long term value for customers, including defined objectives, milestones, and opportunities.
• Establish relationships with key accounts to sell products, services and alternative solutions to create competitive advantage for the customer.
• Work collaboratively with the Global Innovation Team and regional GTM team to contribute to the strategic planning process and execute the global strategy, aligning regional priorities.
• Establish a network of collaboration with business and technical contacts to accelerate new product introductions and exchange of good practices.
• In coordination with the Global Innovation Team and marketing communications teams, lead the development and implementation of regional communication plans.
• Work with the global team to manage distribution agreements and pricing.
• Develop and achieve budget for the region and oversee accurate demand forecasts for the territory.
• With the GTM team, manage accurate records of all sales activity, including customer call reports, territory sales analyses, and salesforce.com data.
Agility and Innovation
• Lead new Personal and Home Care development projects and product launches, coordinating the marketing communication and GTM promotion.
• Contribute to the development and execution of global technology strategy.
• Work with the global team to develop and adapt sales training tools and marketing materials.
• Act as Project Business Owner of regional Stage Gate innovation projects.
• Provide regular market feedback regarding customers; understand market trends and competitive pricing.
• Identify target customers and establish plans for attaining business.
• Network at tradeshows and other technical venues to build knowledge and identify new prospects.
Relationships and People
• Prepare monthly reports for senior management regarding business, strategies, plans and progress.
• Ensure close alignment with the Global Innovation team and coordinate with marketing and sales regarding business plans, campaigns, and market development opportunities.
• Manage the relationship with external partners as required; lead and/or assist in sales calls to customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field; MBA highly preferred with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience in B2B sales and/or marketing.
• Demonstrated ability to grow a business from inception to significant financial size.
• Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional teams and working with technology/product development.
• Experience in working effectively with sales and technical representatives as well as customers.
• Experience in managing external marketing communication and research providers.
• Motivated, self-starting professional with excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
• Salesforce.com or other CRM experience preferred.
• Ability to travel within the region up to 40% of the time.
• Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into tangible business plans and actions.
• Proactively builds a good understanding of the customer to ensure own work is responsive to customer needs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage network/ matrix organizations to achieve business objectives.
• Ability to lead, inspire and communicate with confidence to senior levels of management.
Relocation Available: Yes – Relocation considered within the region