Strategy Analyst, Asia Pacific
Responsible for various business analysis of potential growth opportunities in APAC, through working closely with the regional business and functional team and the corporate strategic planning team to analyze the existing business and the external business environment. He/she will support the annual strategic planning process as well. The position holder will also work closely with Strategy Director on M&A activities from target identification to successful deal closing. Key efforts will span from working on M&A targets profiles, understanding market dynamics, interacting with external experts, building comprehensive financial models.
Strategic Planning Director, APAC
Key Deliverables Business
- To undertake in-depth commercial analysis of potential growth opportunities across markets & segments, customers, competitors and technology portfolios
- Build fact books and briefing materials of key competitors.
- Support the Regional Strategic Planning Director in the annual 5 year strategic planning process as required
- Support M&A process: be involved in evaluating market dynamics, competitor landscapes, targets screening, and building comprehensive financial models to evaluate synergies or valuation.
Agility and Innovation
- Support business analyst at the Regional and Country level. Conduct market research to understand competitor intelligence, market potential assessment, macro-economic evaluation, etc.
- Undertake/Support financial and commercial analysis to develop business cases for potential acquisitions (financial model, sales/business plan, valuation, etc).
Relationships and People
- This position works closely with regional marketing, technology, finance, manufacturing functions and with country marketing, technology and supply chain functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelor of Business, Commerce from a reputed university
- Masters in Business or MBA preferred
- Working experience of 2-4 years
- Financial modeling experience a must
- Prior consulting or M&A experiences preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to research and interpret data from public domain and proprietary databases
- Sound market, financial and commercial thinking ability
- Presentation and communication materials to help senior management understand market and/or customer/competitor landscape and nature of opportunities for recommendations/decision making
Desired behavior, personal attributes (Success Drivers And Competencies)
- Possess analytical mindset and learning agility
- Business acumen - can see hidden problems and looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively
- High energy and drive to learn and build new skills and knowledge base in a dynamic, multinational business environment.
- Proactively engages the right resources across the organization in setting challenging goals and delivering results.
- Resourceful- able to probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Personality with drive and energy to learn in dynamic multi-national environment