Business Development Manager
Responsible for Identify new markets or opportunities aligned to the ASEANI growth strategy. The role will have accountability for sales initiated by the business development team. The role will directly engage customers which are not covered by current sales team, and work closely with the local sales team to conduct joint visits to drive new initiatives for existing customers.
The person will discuss with country manager to drive the overall country sales strategy.
Business Director, Indonesia,
Functional to Business Development Director, Asia Pacific
Key Deliverables Business
- Develop Growth Strategy and Business Plans for the product line within the Defined Initiatives.
- Identify new markets or opportunities related to the Defined Initiatives.
- Work with BD Director to identify possible M&A / Alliance targets in ASEANI zone, relevant to the defined initiatives.
- Collaborate with Regional Account Lead to identify opportunities with Ingredion’s Global Accounts
- Develop and own a selected group of direct customers in new areas. Cultivate long- term relationships with key decision-makers and develop a strong knowledge of key customers’ organizations.
- Co-develop value propositions and recommended selling price for products.
- Build long-term relationships with new customers.
- Ensure customers demand/supply and profitability is achieved by Supply Chain and finance functions.
Agility & Innovation Technical
- Understand trends, identify gaps in the existing product portfolio, work Regional Innovation team to develop new and relevant solutions.
- Collaborate with Regional / Global Innovation on the following:
i) increases sophistication of recipes and prototypes
for demonstration to customers
ii) develop customized systems solutions to key TIC
- Utilize Innovation Labs in Singapore to strengthen customers collaboration and relationships.
- Build strong network with Regional Application team to develop prototypes or recipes as needed by customers.
- To fully comply with company’s Health & Safety objectives whilst carrying out above
Relationships & People
- Build strong local capabilities & knowledge related to the Defined Initiatives (among Sales & Technical Service).
- Develop strong partnership local sales, technical, and regional marketing teams to bring products successfully to the market and to successfully execute short-term and long-term business plans.
- Give feedback to marketing team to establish positioning of products in the market for differentiation. Conduct market segmentation, channel analysis as needed in the business.
- Actively engaged with industry peers, associations or higher learning institutions to stay abreast with market changes and strengthen Ingredion’s branding in the Defined Initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Good market knowledge and 7+ years’ experience in the food industry
- Degree in Chemical Engineering. Food Science, Food Technology highly preferred
- Experience in Sales, Key Account a must, with strong Business Development skills.
- Possess strong understanding on products and competition
- Fluent in English and Bahasa
- Good presentation skills
- Computer literate (e.g. Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer)
Desired behavior, personal attributes (Success Drivers And Competencies)
- Market Knowledge
- Teamwork and People Management
- Building Relationships
- Cost Management and Analysis
- Drive for results
- High energy level
- Individual drive for success
- Customer focused
- Fast learner
- Managing diversity and multi-cultural teams