Specialty Maize Breeder Agronomist - Selectionneur Maize (m/f)
To be based in South West of France
In this position you will be responsible for breeding and development of Maize hybrids as well as other specialty starch materials for the wet and dry milling industries. In addition you should provide support for Seed Production and Manufacturing functions as well as providing Agronomy support for commercial operations.
- Responsible for all facets of the Specialty Waxy and High Amylose breeding programs, including identifying and securing of suitable dent inbreeds for conversion to specialty hybrids. Develop new crop functionality based on business needs.
- Design and set up field nurseries and yield trials, plant test plots, pollinate, harvest and record relevant plant data throughout the growing season.
- Visiting seed and commercial fields at various times of the year and also assessing the economic value of inbreeds used in seed production
- Coordinate, monitor and advise Specialty Waxy and High Amylose seed production with Plant Science Team and Seed Production Manager to approve the selection of candidate hybrids for commercialization.
- Coordinate seed distribution for commercial grain production and trials. Act as company expert on Specialty Waxy and High Amylose grain production throughout the world and provide technical support to grower.
- Visiting seed and commercial grain fields at various times of the year and also assessing the economic value of inbreeds used in seed production
- Understanding of the impacts of plant genetics on starch structure and functionality and thorough knowledge of current plant science capabilities to alter starch and flour functionality
- Interest in grain composition traits in corn and development of novel starch functionality for the wet milling industry
- Agricultural and Seed company knowledge and understanding of key Agronomic management skills
- Flucency in English and French
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively on teams
- Proven skill in relationship management
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel and to relocate to the south west of France
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things. We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.