Job Title: Technical Service Supervisor, Malaysia
Position Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Business Unit: Food
Primary Function Technical Service Supervisor, Malaysia is responsible for the technical service function, to provide timely technical services to external and internal customers. The role should support sustainable and profitable growth of the Malaysia food businesses, through effective management of resources, projects and product offerings.
Reports To: Senior Technical Service Manager, ASEANI
Key Deliverables Critical Deliverables
- Handle customers' enquiries on regulatory issues through issuance of statements and completion of such questionnaires. Provide regular and timely update of local food regulations.
- Manage Technical Service Lab in Malaysia.
- Manage project pipeline and align technical service programs with go-to-market teams to achieve sales and springboard goals
- Drive growth in the specialties business, with focus on key segments, by offering differentiated solutions.
- Be the key technical contacts of local key accounts and platinum accounts and collaborate with customers to develop projects, raise service levels and understand needs, for the purpose of value creation.
- As leader of Health & Safety initiatives and drive changes of behavior and ensure full implementations.
Agility and Innovation
- Manage technical service activities and optimize resources allocations, with the aim of continuous improvement.
- Partnership with regional application and business development teams to
- explore business opportunities and bring new ideas and technologies to the Malaysia markets.
- Be the main conduit with the regional technology teams and leverage expertise teams to drive innovation promise and springboard sales in Malaysia.
- Maintain up-to-date information on food trends and technology and contributes new products ideas/concepts for various food applications.
Relationships and People
- Work well with Go To Market team members in meeting the needs of customers
- Develop and maintain regional and global networks to share best practices and leverage resources to drive innovation.
and Requirements: • Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in food industry
- Degree in Food Science or science related disciplines
- Possess broad knowledge in food ingredients and food applications
- Possess the capability and drive to implement action plans
- Computer literate (e.g. Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer)
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Functional knowledge
Relocation Available: No
Yes – Relocation Within Country Considered
Yes – Relocation Within Region Considered
Yes – Relocation Internationally Considered