IT Country Manager, Singapore
The IT Country Manager is the strategic interface between IT and the assigned country for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The incumbent also facilitates, and serves as a lead, for the planning and execution of initiatives to enable the country business to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology. He/she also communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
The IT Country Manager has the responsibility to ensure that all aspects of the country’s IT services, including business systems, network administration, servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software, and office systems are operating efficiently, optimally and cost effectively. IT Country Manager also proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and function as a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders. He/she represents IT to the Country business by promoting its vision, value, services, and capabilities. They also act as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs.
IT Director, Asia Pacific
- Responsible for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, development and support of all business application services in the assigned country.
- Responsible for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, development and support of all IT infrastructure services, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment in the assigned country.
- Contribute to the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT services provision in the country.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business stakeholders and IS&T from initial requirements to final implementation.
Agility & Innovation
- Manage IT development plans, processes, procedures and policies.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT for the assigned country, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop system specifications and process flows..
Relationships & People
- Provide IT support and oversight internally and externally as needed.
- Establish and manage relationship with the business community to understand business requirement and translate them into system solutions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or
Management Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum 7 years progressive related IT experience.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years’ experience in IT management, business analysis, consulting, or other related area.
- Requires prior experience in 2+ SAP full life cycle implementation.
- Good working knowledge of business process and application technologies, including SAP and BI systems.
- Action orientation and customer focus a must.
- Strong vendor management skills.